Thursday 15 August 2013

Proud Boy

I've been thinking about a special being lately, a person 7 of us share as our mother. So special she is that I'd love to think I was reproduced through cellular fission and not sexual reproduction. Not because we have striking physical characteristics. No! But the bond we share cannot be explained nor described by any adjective. It got me wondering what the cutting of the placenta cord really meant. Whatever it is, it definitely ain't separation, or at least not in my case. We're so enjoined to each other that I tend to think she ain't just my mother.
Could there be another invisible role that she plays that makes me so endowed to her. I could have said 'god' but then that would be tantamount to idolatry. Perhaps a guardian angel unseen in her angelic endeavors.
You'll probably think that am just another guy heralding her mama; like a young boy experiencing teenage love. Yeah! you're free to think so. But one fact will always remain; my mama is more than a mother to me.
Sometimes I feel I could just spend all my life with her. But then I curse nature for the processes of natural succession and reproduction which dictates that we must cede our parents. Many are the times I long to treat her like a love I just met, the love of my life; treat her like a young girl and spoil her with flowers and gifts. That's my mama for you. Lovely as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.