Thursday 6 June 2013

That email..

On 1st June I received a bantering email from one Carl Palmer, the director of Habitable Planet Workshop as I would later find out. Habitable Planet Workshop (HPW) is an international platform for environmental students. The email read in part that I had been accorded a chance to attend this year's version to be held at the University of Nairobi from 1st to 10th July. So why am I writing about a 'mere' invite to a workshop?
Well, by now you should be conscious of my love for such workshops. The workshop will among other things aim to explain why Planet Earth is habitable and thus hope to inspire more students to take up careers in science. It in effect aims to introduce third and fourth year undergraduates to the emerging discipline of the Earth System Sciences. I can't wait to attend this workshop and maybe enrol for a postgraduate course in these disciplines in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.