Sunday 30 June 2013

Blessed man

Blessed is the man to whom I dedicate this piece. Yes! My dad, Willard
Mbiri, deserves all the blessings in this world. Not that he has done
'so much' in my life to warrant all the praise I accord him. No! In
fact I've spent most of my youthful and adult life in conflict with
him. This is partly so because he taught me to stand strong on my
ideas of life. To never shy away from expressing myself and living my
life as I deem fit, provided I hurt no one, including myself. This has
been one of the most important pillar in my life. You'll agree with me
con men that a man who supports everything laid before him is a man of
no principle, a man with no stand in life.
In contempt of our ideological differences, the mere thought of him
siring me as his son is overwhelming. What more could a son ask for
other than be the heir to a brave and gallant man, a man who commands
ovation in the society. That has been my father, ever since I came to
know him.
And while we all celebrate our mothers each day, I want to include my
father in this list, the list of the people I so much adore and wish
to be like. My siblings will attest to the fact that my father has
never been reticent of life or of any human being. Never has he been a
coward of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.