Thursday 6 March 2014

Of matatu strikes

Today I got to experience a new vocabulary -hectic. Yes, today has been, and continues to be a hectic day for me. I wake up at 6:30 only to be slapped by news of the matatu strike on my face. I don't usually wake up that early, it's just that I had a pending assignment that was due at 9:00 and a CAT at 4:00. Somehow, I imagined that was enough time to complete my assignment and revise for my CAT. How is a question that you'll have to help me in answering. So yes, news of the matatu strike are met with celebration as I believe that hurdle is done with. I jump back to bed amid guilt and second thoughts.
I wake up at 8:00 and call a friend who tells me that matatus had resumed and that he was on his way to school. I take that thing we call passport and off I go. The first challenge is parting away with a note for transport when am used to coins. I call it robbery with violence. Giving out a hundred shillings to school, a distance I pay twenty shillings, is no joke. I actually asked the conductor if it was a return ticket just to be sure. I get to school and rush to KM to type and print my assignment. Luckily, the lecturer doesn't show up so I manage to submit the assignment to the class rep. Now, it seems lecturers too are excited by such things as matatu strikes.
The day unfolds slowly and I sit for the CAT at 5:30, one that was scheduled for 4:00 pm. If you thought only comedians joke, then you haven't met KU lecturers. The exam turns out to be an easy one, or so I think. The results will confirm your guess! I now get home at half past seven to be given the saddest news this year. My neighbour, one who always lends me the latest Dj.Afro movies has shifted. As if I even watch them. I only listen. Afterall this type of movies are better off listened to than watched, otherwise you'll end up lost. I don't even know how this last part was hectic but somehow it made it to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.