Saturday 22 March 2014

Yesterday

It's long since I did what I enjoy most-writing. You're probably mad at me. Why the hell haven't I done my job, the job of making you smile. Well, I really am sorry. Apologies rarely come out of my mouth. That's a point on your side. Or let's say it ain't a sincere apology. Why should I be apologizing in the first place when I have a valid reason for not been active here. As you all know, we lecturers were on a go slow for the last one and a half week. I, being your lecturer, downed my tools, not out of will but by force. Yes, we wanted a salary increment. As if you pay me (but let's assume you do, in some way). But am back now, in full force, thanks to your pay increment. But with more disappointments. No more jokes from me. (I am lying on that). Many people tell me that am never serious. And it pains me because I know it's not true. Yesterday, I vibed this chiq and it dawned on me that this could be true. After somewhat a long day with my friend, Robert, I went back to KU. (I am lucky to share a name with my bestfriend. No, he is!) I say long, not because we were that busy (we actually were) but because we walked for long. If that's what tarmacking is, then sitaki kujenga nchi, ntapaka rangi. Good thing is that we at least got some positive feedbacks, otherwise we'd have collapsed just next to Kenyatta National Hospital. Then I saw my governor, Mwangi wa Iria in Upperhill, and he actually said hi. Need I brag? I digressed! So, his roommate had this friend of the skirt-wearing species. Stunning she was. Now, on our way to the gate, from Nyayo zone, it was all laughter and no talk. If you've been to KU, then you'll appreciate the distance from Nyayo to the main gate. It's like a walk to upperhill and back to town. I doubt if I got any points. I am waiting for the results. Now this got me wondering why girls say they love funny guys when all they do is complain that we're never serious. I actually think they love bananas more than funny guys. That is a hypothesis I have no intention of proving however. Or maybe am not as funny as I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.