Friday 3 January 2014

A LETTER TO MY UNBORN SON

Dear son, greetings from your dad, only now on a different platform, PUBLIC! First things first, am really proud of you, you see, when I was your age I knew not how to read, at least not in English. I was in those schools that taught early childhood education in Kikuyu, mother tongue. I am writing this letter on Christmas day, the day we celebrate the birth of Christ, our Saviour. I intend to give you this letter in the year 2030 as your birthday present. As Kenyans will be celebrating the immense developments, I'll probably be celebrating 10yrs of your existence. At that age you'll at least be able to comprehend all that am trying to instil in you.
Son, this letter was informed by some thoughts conceived last Saturday as I was at the garage. Those thoughts you have after hours of sleep as you wait for your car to be through and all you can afford to do is think! And thinking I did, at least now the doubting thomases know that I do think, or should I say can. So, I came across a past article that called for appreciation of gay rights. My blood was boiling in my veins, I actually was about to crash my Galaxy S4, in my mind though. I can't afford that kind of a phone and I hate it. The S4! And that fact! or both! I can't stand a phone that does the unnatural, say closing it's 'eyes'. No! that's like competing with me! Back to the topic! So yes! I read that article and the seat I was sitted on turned to be hot, not momentarily! No! twas henceforth. Surprisingly, twasnt hot before. I know you are probably baying for that article. Like you want to learn something.No men! I won't expose you to the evil, at least not as the agent, or when this article is about the vice! By now you must have learnt of gayism or rather homosexuality. I hope the sound of that word disgusts you like it does to me. I don't want you to ever learn of Prof. Makau Mutua and his likes, at least not with his homosexuality campaigns. I wish to see you lead a straight life and have a good family, not one with two men. This letter is more of authoritative than a request. You must be the man and not just a man! I wish to see you date a girl as beautiful as your mum. Your father never dated ugly girls so never should you (pun intended here). Neither did he hold fellow men's in a suggestive way. I'd die if I ever saw you spank another guy's ass, like those English football coaches patting their players. You're African and there're some of those things that you mustn't do, they're only meant for the whites. Like hugging your fellow friends, not when they're of your gender. (To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.