Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year

Today is 30th, two days shy of 2014, but am already wishing 2013 away. Not in bad faith though, as you would with a cat that helped itself right in the sitting room, with you hosting your friends. It has to be the aspirations I harbour for the forthcoming year. The desire to change positively and perform better. However much the disappointments though, this year could have been worse were it not for God.
Lord am grateful for 2013 and all you accorded me, all the success and the ups and down, I thank you Abba Father. In fact my prayer for the coming year is that God will not punish me by giving me everything I ask for. Amen! You'll all agree with me that some of the things we pray for are a manifestation of utter stupidity. And I know it breaks God's heart, to know that the men he created can display this level of stupidity. Like praying for the death of our enemies et al. There's however one wise prayer I made at the beginning of 2013 and am happy that it was granted. I wanted to get to know me. If there is one single person am proud to have shared 2013 with it has to be 'me'. Yes, getting to know myself made my year a beautiful journey. Infact I think the beauty of life is at it's climax when we get to know and accept ourselves. The sooner we experience ourselves, the easier and straightforward our lives will unfold.
I am not the kind of guy who makes new year resolutions, not when am sure to break them by the 2nd of January. The quit social media type of resolutions. That reminds me, today I was in church and there is a 40-day fast and pray program in January. The idea is to give up something and anything that we're really attached to, like watching TV or playing games. Am cautious enough not to give up something am not ready to. I mean, show me one Kikuyu guy who'll give up on alcohol even for 2 weeks and I'll be sure to confirm to you he's not from Muranga. I am from Muranga for the record, a county ironically under the governorship of Mwangi wa Iria (milk). I don't even know how he was voted in, perhaps because there was not a Wa-njohi (alcohol) to run against him. NKT. Where was I now? Forget the story, Happy New Year friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.