Thursday 2 January 2014

Lamentations, 2014

It's the first day of 2014 but am already being judgemental. I don't harbour any reservations for it. I have mixed feelings about 2014 having experienced as much negatives today. It's a cunt! No, an asshole! Huddah's tits! What better adjectives could describe a year that starts with you twice as broke as you were the last year. My net worth is 600/- only, 100 hundred in cash and 500/- as savings in a chama account. Mind you I can only access 80% of the savings equating to 400/- so that makes my opening balance 500/-. I am surely a rich guy, only now in a different aspect- at heart. That's the only richness I can afford now. The brokeness actually helped me find a new route today, I walked from town to my place. And it was awesome, it helped me keep fit and I got to eat healthy- boiled maize! To add onto the negatives, I spent last night alone, like someone whose freedom of association has been infringed on. My phone was actually offline. There is a number we key in such that people find you mteja. We call it the code- *21*0722122#. It was not time for pals or girlfriends. Not when I was that broke! Having manoeuvred my girls I sure started the year in a complicated status. Not single, I wasn't in a relationship in the first place. To cap the negatives I didn't collect my passport because someone at Nyayo House decided I hadn't waited long enough. Talk of your patience being tested on the 1st day of the year. It seems that one month is not quite long enough for the Jubilee government, the digital administration, to process my passport. Anyway it wasn't urgent so I'll keep waiting. Which flight would cost 500/- shillings anyway, my networth as at 1st January, 2014. It can't even process a South Sudan visa.
Albeit all the negatives I had a positive. No it was a negative. A fail! I couldn't manage to pass the only test I had today and it turned out I was HIV negative. That's not debatable! As if I would have told you if it was positive! All these experiences made my New Year a beautiful episode and helped me do what I enjoy most, writing! And that makes me happy! Hope you find that which makes you happy in 2014. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.