Friday 3 January 2014

NO TITLE

I've been facing quite a number of temptations lately, not the Nyeri type of temptations. C'mon, I can't afford that kind of cruelty towards animals. Let's say I hate dog style, and cow style and chicken style, and...who were the other casualties? I mean the animals. Donkeys? Holy shit!
So yes, key among my temptations has been my mum, to write about her. I call it key because I always fall for the temptation, voluntarily. Not even a single struggle, like the way you'd fall for a cute babe, with big boobs and a round ass. Forgive my manners, I wasn't raised this way. It's actually intentional that am writing this on the internet and not in the Drum magazine. At least she doesn't browse on the internet, so chances of stumbling upon it are -100 percent (if there's anything like that). Not even with a google of her own name, I was clever enough not to put it up here, her name!
It's amazing how she controls me, like a kid playing NFS, all the smacks on the side wall. And I love it! The control part, who would be that stupid to love the smacking part. I actually have a soft spot for her, it's normal for me to wet my eyes when am thinking about her. You see, I consider her a PRIVILEGE, one of the key pillars in our family. I hold the thought that if she conducted herself any different, then our family would have hit rock bottom, it wouldn't qualify to be a family, just a pack of relatives living together. Everytime I imagine what it would be like if my mum had given up on dad and they broke up, I get this crazy idea that the world would be different. I mean it would be deprived of the awesome me (I am the second last born among seven kids).
I wonder what book she read to make her parenting so perfect. I'd actually use it as the engagement tool during my engagement. Who said it must be a ring. Or present it to my wife on her first delivery. I don't think there's any other family that has been raised up as well as ours, even with the many hurdles she faced. Mama is this woman who believes in prayers more than she believes in herself, and I love that and take pride in that. It's not on one occasion that we didn't have food on the table and she led us in prayer only for God to miraculously provide the much needed food. What more gift can a parent give to her sons and daughters than of prayer, the channel of success, the comfort of knowing how to call on God when you need Him...(To be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the read?
Kindly leave a comment here.